corn dolly

corn dolly
original art work circa 2008

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Frustration with Immigration as l head South

What a summer this has been, Oregon, Arizona, Colorado and of course my beloved location in Northern California, the Monterey Peninsula.

In this moment l am giving thought to all my past and present amigos who continue with their wonderful lives on the Monterey Peninsula.  l especially want to note several deaths that have occurred since l last wrote on this blog.  One was my special, sun, music, fun partner in all sort of travel, dance, music and just love of life...........Julia............l miss her terribly and my heart/soul fills with grief over such a brief lifetime for her............the other Rosemary.............who welcomed me to the youth of my old age when l turned sixty.  Rosemary is one of the reasons l advocated for all issues feminine, peace, politics, environment, and at one time in my life as another amiga so wisely said to me recently  "work and politics kept me alive"........and so today when l seem to be a slug and only want to read books like  "50 Shades of Gray"...... l feel l have earned my "place in the world to do only what totally pleases me"  and recently or over this summer, that is exactly what l have been doing as much as possible.

This brings me to the subject of immigration..............which has been such a pain in my backside.........paper after paper, however, none of what is asked for until you are sitting across the less than helpful office person is written, just their word and then l stop to think what the hell...........l have lived off/on in Mexico for the last twelve years, colorful, drama, why would l think that anyone who has to go through immigration gets any sort of allowance, follow the rules, no exceptions, for any country.......so l am feeling much like a chastised child caught in the cookie jar...........oh but this is really an adult world............where those with whatever little power they have at times can and are a bit brutal...........enough

l leave for the South.............in November  with or without my   residente  temperal papers or go just like all the other tourists on a six month visa .

No comments:

Post a Comment